Tuesday, May 3, 2011

September 10, 2010

More often than not, the thought of having a baby (via my body) terrifies me. Last week I woke up in the middle of the night worrying about it. I immediately had a strong feeling to go to the Temple. That morning I went. A few things stood out to me in particular.


One of which was this brief, but moving thought/experience, "Rochelle, you are willing to do anything for the children you have here on earth; those sweet Spirits born to you as a gift from your Father in Heaven. Most mothers would do ANYTHING for the children
they have been blessed with here in this life.

Anything.

Everything.

You would give your life for your children. Now I ask you, what are you willing to do for the ones, your children, that haven't come to earth yet?
The ones waiting patiently--up here, with Me?'



This is something I'd never thought of or considered. Actively looking at my children on BOTH sides changed so many things for me that day.

I am grateful for the temple, for prayer, and for personal revelation.

3 comments:

  1. It's so very interesting that you share this, Rochelle. I had an very similar thought/experience when deciding to have another child. I didn't actually *want* another one at the time. But, I couldn't shake the feeling that, I would never turn my back on my children that are already here living with me on earth. Why would I do that to the one(s) who haven't come yet? Simply because I was scared? Thank goodness for a loving Father, who understands our fears, yet gives us the strength to do what needs to be done dispite them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genevieve! Yes, exactly! I'm so glad to have shared this. I was nervous to at first, but knowing that you have felt the same way, means that you get it! I love that. You are such a fabulous mother, and you do know, if this pregnancy takes a turn for the worse...I am still looking at you to birth more for me! HAHAHA. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rochelle, I have actually thought about that a lot since we talked about it last year. And, the offer is still, and will always be there. I am totally and completely content with the number of children I have, but I'm so sad that I won't get to birth again. How weird is that! Haha...

    ReplyDelete